Search

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Not So Mellow Yellow Ensemble

Have you ever been obsessed with something but unsure how to wear it?
SoniabySoniaRykiel_BowPurse_ASOS_pink.gif

Recently, I have been wrestling over the decision whether or not to buy this Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Purse Bow handbag. I was concerned, because yellow is so bright and I had no idea what to pair with it.

So, I kept surfing around trying to find some items to wear with it and I stumbled upon these Alexander McQueen heels on FarFetch. It was like lightening struck and I knew at that moment those shoes and the Sonia bag must be mine. I normally shy away from such bright colors, but I swear it was destiny. I just knew in my bones they belonged together.

Still, the question lingered how in the hell do I wear this without looking like I just time warped out of the early 90s? Then it hit me: dummy you already blogged about this in Grey Skies Got You Down: Find the Pink Lining!. I knew that I needed a dark dress and the Dorothy Perkins Rise Embellished Dress would be the perfect complement, but in order to tone it down for daywear a boyfriend jacket was definitely in order.

Then there was the issue of accessorizing. The Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Bow Purse had silver hardware and I am not really much of a silver person. I was stumped until I happened upon a bracelet from Deviated by Justin Giunta. It had both gold and silver finishes in it as well as stones similar in coloring to the dress! Huzzah - problem solved.

Well, almost as there was the necklace quandary I found myself in. The dress itself is pretty ornate and definitely did not need a statement necklace. I love necklaces though and so I was determined to find something to complement the outfit. So, I searched and searched and then I found it at Emily Elizabeth Jewelry.

Here is the ensemble in all it's photoshopped glory. Please, be kind - remember I went to Parsons for business not design. So, my photoshop skills are a bit lacking!
MelloYellow.jpg

OUTFIT BREAKDOWN

Sonia by Sonia Rykiel - Bow Purse (Yellow): $169.74 www.asos.com
SoniabySoniaRykiel_BowPurse_ASOS_pink.gif

Alexander McQueen - Patent court shoe (Yellow): $577.00 www.farfetch.com
AlexanderMcQueen_PatentCourtShoe_FarFetch.gif


Emily Elizabeth Jewelry - Gypsy Plume Lariat-Infinity Necklace: $60.00 www.emilyelizabethjewelry.com
EmilyElizabethJewelery_GypsyPlumeLariat-InfinityNecklace_EmilyElizabeth.jpg

Deviated by Justin Giunta - Crossed Ladder Bracelet: $238.00 www.shopbop.com

DeviatedByJustinGiunta_CrossedLadderBracelet_ShopBop.jpg


Dorothy Perkins - Rise Embellished Dress (US size 12 - 14): $46.00 www.dorothyperkins.com
DorothyPerkins_RiseEmbellishedDress_DP.jpg

ASOS - Longline Ponti Blazer (US size 18-22): $92.58 www.asos.com
image1xl.jpg


Love some of these items but sticker shock has got you down? Try www.like.com and www.styleshopper.com. More often than not you can find something similar at a reduced price. All you have to do is enter the designer and product name and it should come up within the search, and from there it should only be a few seconds to find similar items.

No comments:

Post a Comment