One of the things I hate most about the gym is the outfits. Well, that is not entirely true. The thing I hate most about the gym is being forced to move without the end goal either being pouring myself a glass of wine or grabbing a cookie. That is a whole another issue entirely, however, and not the point of this post.
It seems like people either wear pajamas or some threadbare outfit that belongs in an 80s/90s workout montage. Maybe they change after their workouts? I just cannot do this as I run errands after and I hate the showers at Crunch. So, when I suit up for the gym I try to put together something that is fashionably casual and appropriate for gym.
Here is an example of the look I try to go for:
- Athlea - 2 Layer Support Tee (Sizes XXS - XL; $49.00): I love the way this drapes in the front and also how it adds a bit of modesty with the backing. My chest is rather large and sometimes workout tops show more than I mean too when I'm at the gym, so this is a blessing. Also, the color just pops!
- NIKE - Dri-Fit Be Bold Ultra Low-Rise Women's Capris (Sizes SM - XXL; $50.00): Capri workout pants are heaven sent for those people like me that are short and have a bit of junk in the trunk. My waist/bottom ratio is so off that things just slide down or don't make it over my hump. These look like they would fit perfectly and more importantly stay put as well as not cause me to trip and die on the treadmill.
- GAP - Pocket Cardigan (Sizes XS - XXL; $44.99): I kind of hate hoodies, because they never lay right on me. My chest is rather large and the fit of these just make my chest look like one large lump. That is why I normally wear sweaters over my workout gear. It serves the same purpose and makes my outfit seem less sporty. I love the color of this cardigan and the little pocket is adorable. What more is there to say - but buy it!
- PUMA - Women's Speeder Sneaker (Sizes 5.5 - 11; $62.00): As you all know, I am not a huge sneaker fan. When forced to don them, I prefer my shoes to be lightweight and also light on the tech. This sneaker from PUMA is heaven sent in that regard, and it is even dare I say it cute?!
- PUMA - Fitness Lux Workout Bag ($62.95): Another bane of my existence is the gym bag. They are usually for lack of a better word - hideous. So much so, that when I got to the gym I normally just sport my Longchamp Nylon tote similar to this but in all green. This bag, however, may get me to reconsider because it seems to be a bit more functional and surprisingly fashion forward.