Search

Sunday, June 20, 2010

What to Wear: I see London, I see France

- Christian Dior, The Little Dictionary of Fashion

I was stopped dead in my tracks when I read this the other day. It made me slightly ashamed of my own undergarment collection as there is no way I would consider them refined. Even though these various bras from Target and Victoria's Secret perform their function, they do truly leave something lacking in that regard. I vowed to do something about this immediately, but I wanted to go beyond the banal purchase from Townhouse. I wanted something with a little personality but still refined, which is hard to find when wear a larger cup size.

Here is what I found dear readers! I hope you love these pics as much as I do. Also, since I tend to be on the larger side I did my best to include those items that go up to a D and beyond DD+!

  1. Agent Provocateur - Fenella Bra (Sizes 32A-36E; $170.00): Sleek straps, cream satin, and black crepe! What more is there is to ask for in bra that manages to be cute and sexy at the same time? I love how low cut it is and often times as it is extremely difficult to find that in larger sizes. This one is definitely my favorite out of the bunch for what it is worth!

  2. La Senza - Maria Bandeau Bra (Sizes 32A-38F; $32.54): The straps on this in the DD+ sizes skew to the larger side, yet they still refrain from being a huge impediment in regards to wardrobe choices. This bra is a fantastic buy as it could be paired with everything from a Tshirt to a sexy top. I mean gives someone a bigger confidence boost than hiding titillating undergarments in plain sight.

  3. Kiki de Montparnasse - Muse Corselette Bra (Sizes 32A - 36D; $275.00): My favorite part of this piece is that the clasp is in the front. I know its intended purpose is to make it easier for nocturnal activities or maybe a bit of afternoon delight. For me, it is such a great selling point as I could imagine easily slipping it on in the morning when I am struggling to get out the door. Trust me guys sometimes even us girls have a hard time getting those things on/off. The unfinished look of the design reminds me of old time corsetry, which I am sure is the point when you consider the name of the design.
Oh and I thought I would pass along this helpful tip while I was at it. Many times I have been able to find my cup but not the corresponding band-size necessary. That is where these babies come in: Fashion Forms - Soft Back Bra Extenders ($12.00). You can pick them up at Victoria's Secret and most likely your local drugstore as well.

Thoughts? Places to shop for amazing bras? Leave it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment