Search

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fascinating Fascinators Anonymous

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am hair accessory fanatic. Jennifer Behr is normally my drug of choice, but for the purposes of the post I forced shaky to type something other than her url into my browser. What I discovered is nothing short of amazing.

Jeweled Embellishments: "Rich and rare were the gems she wore..." - Robert Moore


1. sereni & shentel - bow down, bridzilla is here ($60.00): I absolutely adore this headband because it literally is a bow sandwich! The layered construction, furthermore, is what takes it out of the realm of cutesy into the world of stylish objects.

2. Brett O'Mahoney - Minnie ($185.00): This piece reminded of pure old hollywood glamor. I love the fact that the designer chose earth tone colored stones for the embellishment, because by grounding it she kept it from traversing into chintzy.

Delicate Flora: "Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." - Hans Christian Andersen


3. Handle & Spout - White and Pastel 5 Flower Set ($65.00): Mix and match sets are never a favorite of mine, because I always feel they are ad hocked. This piece made me change its mind with its soft elegant design.

4. Claudia Griffiths - gisele headband ($195.00): Go big or go home is one of my phrases to live by and so how could I not love this headband? The best thing about it could be worn with everything from jeans to an outfit for a night on the town. Not many of my hair pieces are that transitional!

Serious Hardware: "It's about putting the pedal to the metal and not asking any questions at all and just going for it." - Brandon Thomas


5. Comme les Moutons - Magdalena ($118.00): If you are looking for a statement piece, well look no further. Those bursting with personality or even those that would like to feign some will defiantly find what they need in this piece.

6. ban.do - mad for joan ($300.00): A bit on the softer side true, but this piece requires just as much hutzpah to get it out the door. The vintage metallic trim gives it a Victorian flair, which makes it perfect for everything from casual to evening.

Flirty Trim: "The exhibitionist loves to flirt with shame.” - Mason Cooley


7. Comme les Moutons - Ginevra ($45.00): Demure until you think about it, this piece's french maid like ruffles will be sure to peak the interest of others. What can I say? I love a conversation starter!

8. ban.do - J ($50): Flirty and fun are the key words that describe this piece. Young knows no folly - right? If you think so, then this piece is definitely for you!

Like it? Love it? Need it? Hate it? Leave it in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning us! We are so glad you think our bow down is stylish. xox sereni & shentel

    ReplyDelete