Search

Monday, July 12, 2010

What Not to Wear: The Curious Case of the Romper & Me


Part of being fashionable is knowing what does and does not work for your body. If you are flat chested wearing a dress designed for the likes of Christina Hendricks is not going to flatter your figure. The reverse as well is unfortunately true. So, once again just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it!

In this particular case, it is the romper that should be avoided if you are on the shorter/heavier side. Before you start lobbing rotten fruit at me, take a moment to hear my argument. I love rompers and am estatic that they are in fashion again. Yet, I'm totally gutted by the fact that I know they will not look good on me unless I drop some weight.


Being petite and plus sized creates this certain type of sihoutte where (if you are like me) you look compacted. Boobs and booty jut out at both ends without the height to balance them out. Factor that in with thighs that are a bit rubenesque and the romper just looks over extended.


I know its hot ladies, and one of the reasons the romper is so popular is that it seems "cooler". There are other ways to accomplish this - by lets say pairing this ASOS CURVE Jersey Bandeau Printed Midi Dress (US Sizes 18 - 24; $47.14) with a pair of stretchy shorts and a black bra with thin straps. The same level of freedom as well as breeziness is accomplished. Also, you get to rock a similiar look but one that flatters your frame better!

It is harsh reality to have my dreams of romper romps dashed, but oh well. I can at least admire them from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment