Search

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friend Friday: Wardrobe Mix + Match


Katy Rose of ModlyChic has sent around another round of questions for the Friend Friday project. This week: Wardrobe Mix + Match!
  • What's your most versatile piece of clothing? How do you wear it?
    If I were to be honest - my leggings. I wear them with skirts, dresses, and tunics. Seriously those things see more action than any piece in my wardrobe.

    The one piece that I wear a lot is a dress I picked up in Japan awhile ago. I wear it as a layering piece or on its own. (It is similar to this dress from Romeo + Juliet, except it is black with thin straps.) When I wear it as a layering piece I sometimes pin up the sides a bit so I can channel a bit of Belle into my wardrobe.
  • What one piece should every woman own?
    I know that the summer heat is bearing down pretty strong right now. Still, I'd have to say my one piece every woman should own is a blazer. A tailored fit makes it applicable for everything from a casual night out with the girls to a night on the town.
  • What Summer trends do you love because of their versatility?
- 1 (Size 0 - 12; $59.00) /2 (Size 0 - 10; $180.00) /3 (Size 0 -12; $24.99)
    I love the fact that rompers are back in style! I also love that they have gone beyond casual and there are some gorgeous more dressier options. It is a fun spin on an old childhood standby.
  • What's the most creative combination you've put together from your closet?
    Well, depends how you define creative. When I was younger and in HS I liked to pair plaid shirts, button up shirts, colorful stockings, platform Mary Janes, fairy wings, and a tiara. What can I say? I was a very unusual child.
  • If you had the guts you'd what items would you pair and then wear out in public?

    Right now it would be my bathing suit. Since, I quit my job I've been a bit of a homebody and put on some weight. So, it would take a lot of guts and inner fortitude to get me outside in it these days.
Any tricks to maximize your wardrobe? Leave it in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Leggings, the blazer...great choices! Um, that photo, the dog...hysterical!

    ♥ V

    http://www.gritandglamour.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highfive for playsuits!!
    Im addicted to a good blazer too
    x

    ReplyDelete