Search

Friday, December 10, 2010

Time to Face the Music


It has been a very long time friends. So long that now I'm getting spammers on my blog. The reason for my absence? A job came my way. Originally it was a freelance gig, but it grew into something more. While I'm thankful for the permanent gig, sometimes it is a bit trying as it is a start up. Lots of work for a less than stellar salary, but it is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor. So, who knows? Maybe it'll be the new SCDP?

I'm in Tokyo currently on break with my family. Wandering around Tokyo's Harajuku I realized how far I'd fallen in regards to personal upkeep. Holy christ I looked downright shabby even though I'd actually taken the time to dress and wear makeup. A luxury I haven't afforded myself in quite some time as I work from home as well as long hours.

My hair was just completely unacceptable. So, thanks to my trusty iphone I tracked down an English speaking and well respected hair salon in Tokyo. About an hour later, I had $65 dollars less in my pocket and a much improved hairstyle. It is a bit odd according to my significant other, but 20s chic in my opinion.

Living in NYC doing something like this normally results in you looking like your hair was cut with a flowbie. Doing it in Tokyo gives you a new lease on life. Worst or best of all (depends on your perspective) the process was cheaper, faster, and overall just better. I got a killer head/neck/back massage (much needed after my 14 hours of travel), and a faaaaantastic blowout.

Where did I go?

ワタナベ・ヘアードレッシング
東京都渋谷区神宮前3丁目25−6 サンビューティ原宿 B1F
PH: 03-5411-5633

For those who can't read japanese or barely get by like me:

Watanabe Hair Dressing
3-25-6 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
03-5411-5633
PH: 03-5411-5633

Some people seem to have been less than pleased with their cuts there when I checked the reviews. It just seems to me that people (I've been guilty in the past) are not on their game when they get their hair cut. I had to ask for a bit of an adjustment, but other than that I was extremely clear on what I wanted. A key thing to make sure you accomplish no mater where you get your hair cut.

Well I'll let you be the ones to make the verdict whether or not it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment